22.8.10

The Time Traveler's Wife (Spoiler alert)


"I'm feeling a little bit depressed and I need to let it out of my system. So please bear with me."

Title: The Time Traveler's Wife
Author: Audrey Niffenegger
Genre: Romance, Tragedy, Mature, Smut, psychological, supernatural

I read it and towards the end, I can't stop tears from flowing. I put myself in Clare's and Henry's. I love the complicated relationship and twisted irony they have to face. Being thrown through time and age gaps, its almost masochistic. Maybe, I'm a sadist but I don't want to be one. Through Clare, I hate Henry for letting things goes as his please and let things as they are. He can do more to prevent it and to make it better for the both of them. In Henry's, I understand why he did it. It's poetic justice on his part and what better way than to let what he knows going to happen, happens.

It's obviously was a tough love story, for me it was original and I wanted it to be a little bit longer. If I could I wanted Henry to grow out older and dying because of old age rather than that awful accident. Henry was dying and I was Clare for that briefest moment, I feel Henry by my side and I hugged him not letting go. Knowing that when he comes back it will be over. If I was really her I could never live knowing that I let it happen. The course of their destiny is almost evil and a very sweet torture.

I hate Gomez for seducing Clare and I hate her for relenting. He was her best friend's husband after all but as a woman I can only imagine how lonely and cold it can get without Henry, your soulmate. So I forgive her.

It's painful yet so awfully sweet to love someone from the future in your past and meet again in your future but lose him in the present years together. When in actual you'd lost him way in the past. What kind of life to be awfully alone and keeps on waiting and knowing he is somewhere between times, healthy, youthful and alive but far away from where you are. *sob sob

1 comment:

jugular said...

I will wait to read this until I have read the book. I bought it recently at the airport and have just started to read it.