2.11.10

The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo


"I'm pretty pumped and irritated so here I go...no spoiler alert, you should read it yourself for details *evil laugh..."

Title: The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo
Author: Stieg Larson (dead and famous)
Genre: Mystery, Drama, Psychological, Thriller, Tragedy, Romance.

First read was definitely intense and a challenge. The book starts with a 3 decades worth of mystery and the plot thickens and take a sharp twist towards the end, and the ending left me out dry and thirst for more.

First main character. I hate Michale Blomkvist. Despite of being a straight lace, honest and a credible journalist of incredible passion for justice. Definitely a guy you don't want to fall in love with but you can't deny attracted to his frivolous sex live, charm and suave attitude. Nevertheless, I can't hate him forever.

Meanwhile, I found myself attached to Lisbeth Salander, a really quiet and complicated woman. Despite her personal issues, the author gave her charm by giving her BRAIN and rebellious nature! In a glance she defies every essence for a perfect heroine and she is far from your everyday girl-next-door. Yet you just can't stop loving her.

When both characters meet in the middle of the novel. The plot took a turning point where excitement builds up and everything went fast phase. I really thought it was a family friendly type of novel but as I flip pages gory images flashes in my brain... (*shudders)

"it feels like watching 'Criminal Mind' the series and 'Swordfish' the movie. Nevertheless, the best impact was when Lisbeth Salander is in love with the wrong guy. I was really hoping that it would turns out great for her but of course we are talking about him...the 'Practical Pig'...*sigh"

No comments: